How We Collect Information
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US
We will collect and store any information you enter on our website or give to us in any other way. For example, when you buy a ticket from us.
This information could be to identify you such as:
- your name;
- your address;
- your e-mail address; and
- your telephone number.
This information could be financial such as:
- your payment method;
- your valid Credit or Debit card number;
- your Credit or Debit card type;
- your Credit or Debit card expiration date; and
- your billing address.
We might also ask for information about:
- your interests;
- your hobbies;
- your age; and
- your gender.
This information will only be collected from you if you give it to us. For example, if you buy a ticket from us and give us your credit or debit card number then we will collect this to charge you for the ticket.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
Sometimes we collect personal and non-personal information about you from:
- our business partners,
- co-producers of our shows;
- venues where we tour our shows; and
- third parties.
This information will only be collected from other sources if you have given information to other companies and have said that it is OK for them to share your information with us. For example, a theatre where you have seen a HighTide show might ask you if you would like to share your information with HighTide too. If you say yes, then we will be given that information.
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE
Sometimes we also collect and store personal information about other people that you to provide to us.
If you use our website to send other people:
- a product such as a voucher;
- information that they might want; or
- messages (such as invitations);
then we might collect and store your personal information, and the information of anyone you send content to.
If you use our website to:
- upload content;
- share content; or
- distribute content;
and the content contains personal information about others, then we might store that information too.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
We automatically collect information from your browser and computer every time you visit our website. This information could include:
- your IP address;
- your browser type;
- your browser language;
- any previous cookies that we may have sent to your computer; and
- how you got to our website.
A cookie is a small file, not a programme, that is sent to your computer when you access our website. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than information you have agreed to share with us.
Every time you visit our website we send your browser one or more cookies. Cookies help our site and us to give you a more personal online experience.
Using cookies, we might also automatically collect information about your time spent using our site including:
- the pages you visit;
- the link you click on; and
- the searches you make.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You can change your web browser settings to decline cookies but, if you do, some parts of our website may not work properly for you anymore.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will use the information we collect about you to:
- Contact you, with your permission, by e-mail, postal mail and/or telephone to let you know about our work and products which we think you’d like to hear about. You can ask us to stop contacting you at any point, and we will make sure that we stop.
- Process bookings for shows and other products you buy from us either online, by phone, or in person.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- Manage our business.
- Manage your personal account and provide you with customer support.
- Research and analyse your interest in our products, services or content, and/or the products, services, or content of other organisations.
- Perform functions described to you at the time of collection.
We may also use your financial information or payment method to process payment for:
- anything you buy from us online, by phone or in person;
- anything you subscribe to which has a cost;
- to protect you and us against possible fraud and identity theft; and
- otherwise as needed to manage our business.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We will update this policy regularly to make sure it is up-to-date. Any changes will be shown here on the website so we advise you to check it from time-to-time for any changes.
Last Updated: May 2016