Equal Opportunities Policy
Last reviewed: November 2018
HighTide Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to act at all times without distinction and in compliance of all relevant legislation (UK Equality Act 2010) and best practice as to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and sex.
Our Objectives are:
- To ensure that all staff are aware of their duty under current legislation which prohibits discrimination in employment, and of HighTide’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To provide equal opportunity in recruitment, promotion and training and development.
- To ensure that applicants for employment and candidates for transfer and promotion are considered on the basis of the relevant qualifications, skills, aptitudes and abilities they possess.
- To take positive action where required to actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, so that our staff will better represent the demography of the communities that we serve.
- To encourage all employees and participants to take advantage of suitable opportunities for training and advancement.
All workers have a legal and moral obligation not to discriminate and to report incidents of discrimination against any individual or group of individuals. Any worker found to be discriminating will face disciplinary proceedings.
Any HighTide employee, volunteer or participant who believes that they are being treated less favorably on the grounds of to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief or sex should raise the matter with the HighTide Executive Producer Francesca Clark ([email protected] / 0207 566 9766) immediately.